The following are some of the albums I enjoyed listening to in 2018:
- The Senior Management – Heart and Soul – AOR meets country – yee haa! A killer combination to these ears.
- Dukes of the Orient – Dukes of the Orient – not exactly a new album as it took years to finally get completed and released. A must have for fans of John Payne fronted Asia.
- Praying Mantis – Gravity – One of the most consistent bands over the years who are always a joy to listen to
- Nightwish – Decades – A band that have crept up on me over the past year, possibly through youTube videos of their live performances with Floor as the vocalist. All three vocalist are featured here.
- W.E.T. – Earthrage – these guys always nail it. JSS is one of my favourite singers. Sometime it is just too perfect and seems like it lacks emotion and is off a factory production line. But take a break and listen afresh to be amazed all over again.
- Stryper – God Damn Evil – Sounding good on their latest album, despite the comical opening track. It doesn’t quite measure up to No More Hell To Pay, but that would be a difficult task in my estimation.
- Keldian – Darkness and Light – This was actually released in 2017, but it is one that I’ve been playing quite a lot this past year. A great combination of power metal, synths and melody.
- Mystery – Lies and Butterflies – Something to chill out to.
- Night Flight Orchestra – Sometimes The World Ain’t Enough – Unashamedly retro sounding feel good music
- Subsignal – La Muerta – accessible progressive rock that just gets better with each listen. It probably deserves to be higher in the list, rather than squeezing in at number ten.
I hope you all had a good Christmas and wish you all the best for 2019. Hopefully 2019 will bring more great music to listen to!!!